Transition Year Programme
As a Le Chéile school, St. Louis promotes quality and excellence in teaching and learning. Our Transition Year (TY) programme provides a bridge to enable students to make the transition from the more dependent type of learning associated with Junior Cycle, to the more independent learning environment associated with Senior Cycle. It encourages the development of a wide range of transferable critical-thinking, learning and creative problem-solving skills.
Transition Year offers broad learning experiences promoting the personal, social, spiritual and vocational development of each pupil.
• Transition Year offers pupils space to learn, mature and develop.
• The Transition Year programme offers the girls a broad variety of learning experiences inside and outside the classroom.
• Throughout Transition Year, our teachers are encouraged to promote activity-based and self-directed learning.
• Transition Year, like each other year of a six-year cycle through second-level schooling, has its own unique contribution to make to each pupil’s holistic development and lifelong learning.
• Pupils are encouraged to see Transition Year as providing opportunities to discover personal strengths and to develop their potential.
St. Louis TY students participate in a wide variety of interactive and engaging modules such as Junk Kouture, Wood Craft, Mechatronics, Robotics, Jiving, Development Education, Coding, Wellbeing, Enterprise, School Bank, Chinese Language and Culture, Age Action, Eco-Unesco, First Aid, Survival Home Economics, St. Vincent de Paul, GAA Youth Leadership, Beauty, Driver Theory and Smart Phone Photography (to name but a few).
The TY Musical for 2018/9 is the award-winning Broadway musical Legally Blonde. The incredible production is directed by Gavin Quigley, and stars our totally-awesome TY students. We would love to welcome you to Halla San Lughaidh to see Legally Blonde in February 2019.
Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for all the latest news about our TY programme.